These days almost everyone can get navigation and more just by making use of the google maps pop application. Users can navigate their worlds easier and faster, and at the same time they can find their local businesses through the map and also get almost accurate driving directions. Including the possibility of discovering new experiences all in one.
Google Maps is a web mapping platform and consumer application offered by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° interactive panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, air and public transportation.
Although technology has brought about ease to life and of course, improvements to the way we do things. Now, you don’t have to ask for direction from anybody for a journey, but this is nigeria so even while you make use of the map still talk to people and ask for additional informations on or about your movements. Google Maps can be the go-to application for such. And for a fact Google Maps has been helping people navigate their journeys and it really works efficiently and effectively.
Now just incase you are planning a journey or a visit and you’d like to save your route in order to plan effectively. It’s possible with Google Maps. It will also help you not to get lost on your way. In this post, you will know how to save your route and even destination on the google maps application.
How To Save Routes on Google Maps For mobile in Nigeria
In order to save a route on Google Maps for Android or iOS. Follow the steps listed below to achieve this
1. Launch Google Maps on your Android or iOS operating system.
2. Next, search for your destination. The way to do is is obvious – use the search bar.
3. Now, you want to know the directions to your destination. So what you should do is to tap Directions. You’ll see this option down your screen at the left side.
4. You want to tell Google Maps your current location so that it can guide you from there. Simply type in your current location or the starting point of your route.
5. Next thing is to specify the mode of your journey, if you’ll be driving, using a motorcycle, walking, or cycling. The option for all these are available there.
6. Next, tap Navigate at the bottom-right corner and then hit Pin at the bottom of the screen.
Google Map also allows you to save the destination. Here’s how:
1. Make a search for the direction in the Search bar and when you see it, tap Save which is located at the bottom.
2. Google Maps will request that you choose a folder for saving. Select any of these: Favorites, Want to Go, Started Places, Bookmarks. You can even create a new list.
User can access the route that has been saved whenever they need it. It will be located on the Saved tab. Just look over the bottom toolbar and you’ll see this tab.
When you want to open the map and start the route, simply open Google Maps and go to the “Saved” tab on the bottom toolbar.
If you aren’t happy with the route that Google Maps planned out for you, you can review other possible routes. When you choose the one that works best for you, just tap on it.
The same process also works on your iOS device.
How to Save Routes on Google Maps on Desktop
You’ll really want to know how to save a route on your computer but unfortunately, Google Maps doesn’t allow you to save routes on PC of Mac. However, you are allowed to send the route to your phone. Follow the steps below to achieve this.
1. Open a browser of your choice as this is where you will access Google Maps. Proceed to the Google Maps website.
2. Go to the search bar to make a search for your destination. Simply type in your destination.
3. Next, go to the left side of your screen where you’ll see Directions.
4. Google Maps need to know your current location or your starting location so type it in. This will bring the available routes to the destination.
5. Specify how you want to travel.
6. Now, since you can’t save routes on PC, you’ll have to send them to your phone. Click Send Directions to your Phone.
7. Select the channel by which you want the directions sent. You can choose either email, or via text.
You’ll then see a notification on your phone.
Google Maps has changed the way we navigate the world. Its desktop and mobile applications have become not just a way to get from point A to B via car, public transportation, or on foot. The ubiquitous Google service is also a geospatial search engine for the world around us.
Google continues to revamp and improve its map product with features like augmented reality and commuter options, but there are a ton of customizable tools and hidden functions already baked into Google Maps that you may not know about, like Incognito Mode.
Some tricks You should know about the Google Maps Application in Nigeria
Customize your vehicle Icon
If you are driving, Google lets you choose what car shows up on your navigation in the iOS and Android applications. In the app, plug in your destination and start up driving directions. Tap the icon that shows your current location and a pop-up menu will appear with several car icon options: a sedan, a pickup truck, or an SUV.
Access Google Maps Offline
Today, Maps is most useful on mobile, which brings up a problem: when you are most in need of Maps, you may find yourself somewhere with limited data. To help you out, Google Maps supports offline access. Navigate to the area you’d like to access while offline. Swipe left on the menu at the bottom of the screen and tap Download to download that map, assuming you have enough storage on your device. You can then get information about businesses in the region and turn-by-turn directions within the downloaded section.
If you want to poke around Google Maps without leaving any obvious footprints, go incognito. With this feature enabled, Google Maps won’t save your browser or search history in your account, or send notifications. Your searches or movement won’t be added to location history or shared location, if enabled. And Google won’t use your activity while in Incognito Mode to personalize Maps.
It has its advantages if you want to peep a location without having it tangled up with your search history, but just like on web browsers, it doesn’t make you invisible on the app, so use it wisely.