The world is charged with the grandeur of God. It will flame out, like shining from shook foil, It gathers to greatness, like the ooze of oil Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod. And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil, and wears man’s smudge and shares man’s smell: the soil Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod. And for all this, nature is never spent. There lives the dearest freshness deep down things. And though the last lights off the black West went Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs Because the Holy Ghost over the bent and World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings. This is just a poem to explain and show you the magnificent design and innovation of the Bentley Continental GT.
The weather is consistently hot and sunny with little chance of rain for months at a time and no matter whom I speak with, in town or around the country, the answers are always polite and helpful. With new power and charisma, No other car in the premium sports car segment offers such a dichotomy of luxury and performance. This is one fine looking out-on-the-town cruiser with some deep seeded attitude issues. whoooow!! so on point. The traditional four-lamp headlights now feature LED daytime lighting and jewel-like detailing. Flared tailpipes are chromed while the rear Bentley signature “floating” LED lamps extend around the corner accentuating size and stance. At its core, Bentley has designed a sports coupe of the highest magnitude. It offers similar performance to the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
Design & Description of the Bentley Continental GT
Contrast stitching and embroidered emblems in Burnt Oak, with Liquid Amber over Grand Black dual finish veneers. Heated duo-tone three spoke steering wheel, Mulliner driving specification with 22 Five Open Spoke Black with polished edge, alloy wheels. Touring specification, Centenary Specification with Mulliner LED welcome lamps, Diamond Knurling, and Inductive phone charger. The variable displacement technology used within the new Continental GT V8s engine increases efficiency without compromising on performance. When the engines control microprocessor detects a light throttle opening, it closes the valves on four of the cylinders, seamlessly switching back to all eight whenever needed without the driver even noticing. The result is an impressive range of over 500 miles, 542 bhp with 568 lb-ft of torque, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 198 mph.
When luxury awaits both inside and on the road. Speed is not the only factor propelling the new Bentley Continental GT to the top of its class. Overall drivability and luxury are two additional elements for which the luxury automaker from Crewe, England is famous for. Power without control is a dangerous thing. Continuous all-wheel drive is standard equipment with rear bias set at 40/60. Speed-sensitive rack and pinion steering provides optimum feedback without the heavy hand required for several of its elite competitors. A double wishbone front and a rear multi-link set up features an air-suspension with anti-roll bars. Continuous damping aids performance; the ride is supple yet tight with very little lean or body roll even at high speeds.
What separates the new Continental GT from the others on this most wanted list is that it never sacrifices ride quality, back seat passenger room or useable storage space. This is a premium sports coupe comfortable with driving back and forth to work, or challenging the tightest two-lane turns as you take the long way home. Power stems from a 6.0-liter twin-turbocharged W12 engine. Performance numbers are staggering: 567 horsepower at 6000 rpm and 516 ft-lbs of torque at 1700 rpm. Steering wheel mounted paddle-shifters allow for rapid transition between gears. Mated to a 6-speed ZF Quick shift automatic transmission, it takes only 4.4 seconds to reach 60 mph. Additional performance figures indicate passing times of 1.7 seconds from 30-50 mph and 2.9 seconds from 50-75 mph. Top speed is set at 198 mph.
Features of the Bentley Continental GT
- 4WD type: full time : ABS: 4-wheel
- Active suspension : Air suspension
- Axle ratio: 3.15 :Battery saver
- Drive mode selector : Electronic brake force distribution
- Front brake diameter: 16.5 : Front brake type: ventilated disc
- Center console trim: leather : Center console: front console with armrest and storage
- Air filtration : Ambient lighting
- Easy entry: power steering wheel :Floor mat material: premium carpet
- Front air conditioning: automatic climate control : Interior accents: woodgrain
- Power steering: variable/speed-proportional : Push-button start
- One-touch windows: 2 : Power outlet(s): 12V front and rear
- Heated windshield : Laminated glass: acoustic
- Mirror color: body-color : Power windows: safety reverse
- Body side moldings: chrome : Daytime running lights: LED
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System : Tire type: summer performance
- Blind spot safety: sensor/alert : Body side reinforcements: side impact door beams
- Airbag deactivation: occupant sensing passenger : Anti-theft system: alarm
- Child seat anchors: LATCH system : Cross traffic alert: rear
- Electronic Stability Control : Electronic Traction Control
- Passenger seat power adjustments: height : Passenger seat: heated
- Seatbelt pretensioners: front : Seatbelt warning sensor: front
- Front seat belts: 3-point : Rear seat belts: 3-point
- Connected in-car apps: Google POIs : Digital odometer
- Antenna type: element : Auxiliary audio input: Bluetooth
- Digital Sound Processing : Driver information system
- Infotainment screen size: 12.3 in : Infotainment: Apple CarPlay ready
- External temperature display : Gauge: tachometer
- Trip odometer : Warnings and reminders: lamp failure, low fuel, engine oil, coolant
Bentley Continental GT Specifications
- Acceleration (0-60MPH): 3.9 : Aerodynamic Drag: 0.29
- Fuel Tank 1 Capacity (Gallons): 24.0 : Gross Vehicle Weight Range: 5001-6000
- Drive Type: AWD : Front Tire Type: 265/40ZR21Y 105
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 6008 : Head Room 1st Row: 40.1
- Max Seating: 4 : Rear Tire Type: 305/35ZR21Y 109
- Turning Circle: 37.8 :Wheelbase: 112.2
Price of the Bentley Continental GT
Inside, Bentley demonstrates that they are still on top of their game. Soft-touch leather is placed throughout the hand-crafted cabin. Reminiscent of the marques flying wing logo, the dash highlights easy-to-read round white on black gauges, chromed round air vents and, of course, the longstanding tradition of a center mounted Breitling analogue clock. However this beast goes on sale for the price of (USD) $245,825 on slick. Finally, Bentley Continental GT will offer the 6.0 W12 engine as its only source of power.