Poco F3 GT mobile was launched on 23rd July 2021. The phone comes with a 6.67-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. Poco F3 GT is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1200 processor.
It comes with 6GB of RAM. The Poco F3 GT runs Android 11 and is powered by a 5065mAh battery. The Poco F3 GT supports proprietary fast charging. Xiaomi POCO F3 GT is not entirely a new smartphone but the special edition of the Xiaomi Poco F3 smartphone. The GT is an indication of its gaming capability.
Xiaomi Poco F3 GT comes with an Android Operating System v11.0 out of the box, and a Li-Po 5065 mAh, non-removable battery. The 6.67 inches phone comes with AMOLED display (1080 x 2400 pixel).
The AMOLED is a display technology and stands for Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diodes, it is a type of OLED display and is used in smartphones.
Xiaomi Poco F3 GT Key Features
- 6.67 inches OLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi)
- Android 11, MIUI 12.5
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- 6GB, 8GB RAM
- 128GB, 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 16 MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint (side-mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast charging 67W
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
- Non-Removable Li-Po 5065 mAh Battery
Design & Display
The weight of Xiaomi Poco F3 GT is about 7.23 oz with battery, which is average compared to most of the smartphones with same size. The dimensions of this Xiaomi phone are average (6.38 x 3.03 x 0.33 inches).
Poco F3 GT looks good and elegant. It arrives in a curved and sleek body design with a smooth panel that has Poco branding. Its entire body is built with Gorilla Glass 5. The size of Poco F3 GT screen is measured diagonally, from corner to corner. The 6.67 inches AMOLED display of Xiaomi Poco F3 GT with 1080 x 2400 pixel resolution is multi touch capable.
Memory & Performance
On the performance side, Poco F3 GT runs MIUI 12.5 is based on Android 11 and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage. The Poco F3 GT is a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) mobile that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. It was launched in Gunmetal Silver and Predator Black colors.
The internal memory of Xiaomi Poco F3 GT (6 GB) cannot be expanded, but the internal storage (128 GB) can be expanded with a compatible micro SD card.
As far as the cameras are concerned, the Poco F3 GT on the rear packs a 64-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.65 aperture; an 8-megapixel camera, and a 2-megapixel camera. The rear camera setup has auto focus.
An auto focus (or AF) optical system uses a sensor, a control system and a motor to focus on an automatically or manually selected point or area. Very few Android cameras come without auto focus. The main camera of Poco F3 GT has optical image stabilization (OIS) to counteract camera shake.
Optical image stabilization is a must for anyone shooting without a tripod with a long lens or in low light conditions. It sports a 16-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
Hardware & Software
Xiaomi Poco F3 GT is powered by MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G chipset that is based on 6nm manufacturing technology. It has an octa-core processor with a clocking speed of 1×3.0 GHz.
There are Mali-G77 MC9 graphics and an Android 11 OS with MIUI 12.5 on top. Further, it has LPDDR4x RAM and UFS 3.1 storage but lacks a micro SD card slot.
Connectivity options on the Poco F3 GT include Wi-Fi 802.11 a, GPS, Bluetooth v5.10, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G. Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. Xiaomi Poco F3 GT also supports 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE networks. This phone has a built-in GPS.
GPS is a highly accurate navigation system using signals from satellites to determine a location on the Earth’s surface, irrespective of weather conditions. Most phones have a GPS unit on board.
Sensors facilitate a better user experience. The accelerometer is a sensor that measures the tilting motion and orientation of the phone. The Poco F3 GT phone has a fingerprint scanner. This sensor identifies and authenticates the fingerprints of an individual in order to grant or deny access to a smartphone.
The Dual SIM capability of Xiaomi Poco F3 GT phone is ideal for businesses wishing to provide staff with a mobile device that can offer separate numbers and bills for both personal and business use.
The Xiaomi Poco F3 GT runs on a powerful Li-Po 5065 mAh, non-removable battery gives the smartphone a good battery backup. The lithium polymer (Li-Po) battery is a thin, light-weight, rechargeable battery.
Xiaomi Poco F3 GT Price in Nigeria
Xiaomi Poco F3 GT will go on sale in Nigeria at a price of $362 for the 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, while the 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage will go for $390 and 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage will cost $416. It can be purchased in some mobile e-commerce store close to your region for at least 150,000 NGN depending on the color or storage size.
Xiaomi Poco F3 GT Full Specifications
- Technology : GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- 2G Network Bands : GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Network Bands : HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G Network Bands : 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- 5G Network Bands : 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed : HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Dimensions : 161.9 x 76.9 x 8.3 mm (6.37 x 3.03 x 0.33 in)
- Weight : 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Build : Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5)
- SIM : Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Security : Physical pop-up gaming triggers
- Screen Protection : IP53, dust and splash protection
- Display Type : AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ)
- Size : 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution : 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Screen Protection : Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System : Android 11, MIUI 12.5 for POCO
- Chipset : MediaTek MT6893 Dimensity 1200 5G (6 nm)
- CPU : Octa-core (1×3.0 GHz Cortex-A78 & 3×2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU : Mali-G77 MC9
- Card Slot : Card slot Nil
- Internal Storage : 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Triple : 64 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- Uw : 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultra wide)
- Telephoto : 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features : Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video : [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], HDR
- Single : 16 Megapixel
- Features : HDR, panorama
- Video : [email protected], HDR
- Loudspeaker : Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack : No
- Dolby Audio : 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Brand : Tuned by JBL
- Wi-Fi : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth : 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS : Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC : No
- Infrared port : Yes
- Radio : No
- USB : USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors : Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Colors : Predator Black, Gunmetal Silver
- Type : Li-Po 5065 mAh, non-removable
- Charging : Fast charging 67W, 100% in 42 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery : 3.0
- Quick Charge : 3+